How to download and install other lightroom user presets?lightroom
How to download and install other lightroom user presets?
There are many websites where you can find lightroom user presets shared by other users. Some interesting collections can be found on the Adobe blog. Uploading them for use in your Lightroom is very simple. Normally, the presets are compressed in ZIP format. Download the ones you want and unzip them.
You will see a file with extension .lrtemplate: right-click on it and copy it. Then open the Lightroom preferences (Apple Menu> Preferences) and in the Presets option click Show folder of the Lightroom Presets Folder. Go to Develop Presets> User Presets and paste the file you copied there. When you reopen Lightroom, in Preset> lightroom user presets you will find your new template that is ready to be used.
We must bear in mind that the usefulness of the presets is completely conditioned by the actual state of the initial photograph. We will not have the same results in one photo slightly overexposed than in another with dominant color.
Advantages that provide the preset settings are:
- Editing workflow automation
- Consistency and repeatability
- Substantial saving in the time of editing an image
- You can use them to set your own style
- You can use them as base setting for editing photos
- Speed: By using them we can obtain with a single click a process that could require much more time.
- Easy: Regardless of the experience we have in LR or PS, anyone can use Presets and actions.
- Amazing effects: Depending on the set of Presets or actions they are using, they could get beautiful results, which they might not achieve on their own.
- Lightroom Remember your Last Settings. You can play to resize the blocks and hide them until you leave them to your liking. The next time you start the Lightroom program, it will recover the configuration that was last used.
- Value the possibility of creating a virtual copy from an already retouched photograph. This gives the possibility of a new framing, a black and white version, a creative adjustment, but keeping a copy with the previous adjustment not to lose it.
- Do not import duplicates. In this way, Lightroom detects if it has already been imported in advance each of the photos and thus avoiding duplicates.
Disadvantages that provide the preset settings are:
- Not always the best option: If you know something about development or editing, you should know that what you have done in one photo will not necessarily look the same in another photo; Exposure values, light, contrast, sharpness, white balance, etc. Would have to be the same so that a preset or an action created from an image, can give us the same result.
- The photo has to be good: If we start from a bad photograph, badly exposed, poorly focused, in low light, we can not have many expectations about what we will get at the end. Both LR and PS are better with good photographs, actions and presets to make a good photo look more spectacular.
- Lightroom presets
Black and white KING – lightroom black and white presets
50 presets for lightroom, professional settings for black and white photography.
They simulate the old traditional reels of development, includes more artistic adjustments in black and white.
This collection is fully compatible with the paid and free versions of Lightroom CC mobile for iOS and Android.
Our presets work in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw. Visit our FAQ for a full list of compatible software.
Photos by Fernando Cortés